Dr Alessandro Cannavale (University Hospital, Rome, IT) discusses Anticoagulation in peripheral arterial disease (PAD).
1. What have been the traditional approaches to anticoagulation in PAD?
2. How have the newer DOAC's improved patient outcomes and is this supported by data?
3. Should DOAC's be used more frequently in PAD patients?
4. Which situations are DOAC's contraindicated in PAD?
5. Is there any ongoing research in these patients that may further improve care?
Filmed on site at CIRSE 2019 by Radcliffe VascularVideographer: Tom Brown
Interviewer: Leiah Norcott