Editor in-chief of Vascular and Endovascular Review (VER), Dr Stephen Black discusses with Consultant Vascular Surgeon, Dr Blandine Maurel-Desanlis, the use of drug-eluting stents and bare-metal stents, the results from BATTLE and the implications for practice. Filmed at ESVS 2019.
1. Can you explain why you conducted the BATTLE study?
2. What did the results show?
3. What is the importance of these results to the vascular community?
4. How does this compare with similar studies?
5. What further studies are being conducted?
6. What do you think is the best drug and timing based on your research?
7. What is your ‘take-home’ message regarding the BATTLE study?
Filmed on site at ESVS 2019 by Radcliffe Vascular.
Videographer: Dave Good
Interviewer: Dr Stephen Black