Dr Krishna Rocha-Singh (Prairie Heart Institute, St. John's Hospital, Springfield, USA) discusses the REALITY study, which examined the safety and efficacy of directional atherectomy combined with drug-coated balloon to treat patients with long, calcified femoropopliteal artery lesions.
1. What is the rationale for this study?
2. What were the study design, inclusion criteria and endpoints?
3. What were the key results?
4. What conclusions can be made?
5. What are the next steps?
6. How should these findings impact clinical practice?
Recorded remotely from Springfield, 2020.
Interviewer: Victoria Perroud
Recording Editor: Natascha Wienand