Should an aneurysm always be treated?
Steven Black, MD, hosts this month’s episode and is joined by guests Prof Ian Loftus, Prof Bijan Modarai and Dr Jude Partridge to answer this question. Together they discuss the appropriateness of aortic aneurysm intervention, for the treatment of aortic disease.
They consider the impact of the NICE guidelines and explore what’s important to the patient before selecting treatment options, considering factors such as QoL and highlight the need for patient-centred care. They examine the impact that COVID-19 has had on aortic services and debate whether it’s appropriate to increase the aneurysm threshold because of stretched services.
An episode that attempts to move the conversation forwards and drive change; tune in to hear more on:
- Selecting the right patients for aneurysm intervention
- Cost-effectiveness, available technology and outcomes
- RCTs: the importance of trial designs
- Which intervention, which technology and considerations for safety
- The appropriate outcome measures
- Is there an appetite to change practice?
- The future for AAA treatment and intervention
Listen now for the latest episode from the vascularPODCAST series.
Submit your questions/feedback via email@example.com.
Follow us on social media for the latest updates on the next episode @RadcliffeVASCU today!
Produced by Radcliffe Vascular.
Sponsored by Medtronic.