Dr Stephen Black (Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK) discusses the 12-month results from the ABRE study, which evaluates the safety and effectiveness of the Abre venous self-expanding stent system for treatment of symptomatic iliofemoral venous outflow obstruction in patients with venous occlusive disease.
- What is the rationale of this study?
- What was the design of the study?
- What were your endpoints?
- Were these endpoints met?
- What conclusions can be made?
- What are the ‘take-home’ messages for clinicians?
- What sets this study apart from others?