Dr Efthimios D Avgerinos (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, US) discusses the results from the SUNSET sPE study that compared the use of standard-catheter thrombolysis (SCDT) against ultrasound-assisted thrombolysis (USAT) for the treatment of submassive pulmonary embolism.
1. What is the rationale of this trial?
2. What were the design, inclusion criteria, and endpoints of the trial?
3. What were the key results?
4. What conclusions can be made?
5. How should these findings impact clinical practice?
6. What are the next steps?
Recorded remotely from Pittsburgh, 2020.
Interviewer: Victoria Perroud
Recording Editor: Mike Knight