Dr Edward Choke (Sengkang General Hospital, Singapore) discusses the 6-month results from the XTOSI study and the rationale for randomised trials investigating the sirolimus-coated balloon (SCB) versus plain old balloon angioplasty (POBA).
1. What is the background of this study?
2. What was the design of the study and what patients were included?
3. What are the study's endpoints?
4. Have these endpoints been met?
5. What conclusions can be made with these 6-month results?
6. What are the next steps?
7. What are the 'take-home' messages for clinicians?
Recorded remotely from Singapore, 2020.
Interviewer: Victoria Perroud
Recording editor: Natascha Wienand