"Life is short, the art long." Hippocrates II
This month's episode hosted by veinPODCAST's new anchor, Dr Laura Redman (Vascular Surgeon, Cape Town, SA) features guests Prof Håkan Brorson (Plastic Surgeon, Malmö, Sweden) and Suzie Davey (Occupational/Lymphoedema Therapist, SA) to discuss issues surrounding primary and secondary lymphoedema in patients.
Highlights include discussions around:
- Dr Brorson's pioneering research on the pathophysiology and treatment of lymphoedema with liposuction
- Debulking and the importance of a team-based approach
- Patient selection criteria and preparations
- Manual lymphatic drainage (MLD) vs bandage compression
- Long-term benefits of lymphodema treatment
- Microsurgical techniques for lymphodema
Listen now for the latest episode from the veinPODCAST series.
Prefer video? View the vodcast video episode here.
Hosted by Dr Laura Redman and produced by Radcliffe Vascular. Follow us on social media for the latest updates on the next episode @RadcliffeVASCU today!
The VeinPODCAST series has now ended, but with your interest and support, we can resume production. Become a Patron today.