What considerations must be made by vascular surgeons during peri-operative care?
In this month's episode of VeinPODCAST, Dr Matther Gibbs (Groote Schuur Hospital, Cape Town, ZA) and Dr Toby Richards (The Iron Clinic, London, UK) join Dr Laura Redman to discuss the use of iron or blood in peri-operative patients.
In this episode, they discuss:
- The effect of anaemia on patient outcomes
- The use of intravenous iron at altitude
- Appropriateness of blood vs iron in intervention
- Guidelines for pre-operative blood management
- Differences in patient population
- The impact of diet on iron deficiency
- The inflammatory pathway in iron metabolism
Hosted by Dr Laura Redman and produced by Radcliffe Vascular.
Follow us on social media for the latest updates on the next episode @RadcliffeVASCU today! Listen now for the latest episode from the veinPODCAST series.
Prefer video? Watch the video episode here.
The VeinPODCAST series has now ended, but with your interest and support, we can resume production. Become a Patron today.