CIRSE 23 - Dr Michel Boisiers (Inselspital Bern, CH) shares the 5-year outcomes of the ZILVERPASS study in this succinct interview.
The ZILVERPASS study aimed to evaluate the outcomes of the Zilver PTX paclitaxel-eluting stent (Cook) as compared to bypass surgery in the treatment of TASC C&D femoropoliteal lesions.
220 patients were enrolled in the study, and were randomized to receive either intervention with the Zilver PTX device, or a prosthetic bypass graft according to standard of care.
1. What is the rationale behind this trial?
2. What was the patient cohort and study design?
3. What were the early and mid-term outcomes?
4. What are the five-year results?
6. What are your take-home messages from this study?
7. What further research is still required?
Recorded remotely from Bern, 2023.
Editor: Jordan Rance
Video Specialist: Oliver Miles