Dr Francesco Liistro (San Donato Hospital, Arezzo, IT) discusses the 12-month results of the AcoArt-BTK Italy Study.
This study aims to assess the potential advantages of late lumen loss reduction of the +Litos drug-eluting balloon vs standard percutaneous transluminal angioplasty, in the treatment of below-the-knee (BTK) disease in patients with critical limb ischaemia.
Recorded remotely from Arezzo, 2021.
1. What is the AcoArt BTK Italy Study and why was it needed?
2. What was the study design? Can you tell us about the inclusion and exclusion criteria?
3. What were your findings to date?
4. What conclusions can be made, if any?
5. In your opinion, should we compare different PCB technologies in BTK disease?
6. What are the next steps?
Editor: Mirjam Boros
Recording Editor: Natascha Wienand