TCT 22 - Dr Catalin Toma (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, US) joins us to discuss the findings of the FLASH Study, a real-world registry with over 1300 participants. This trial aims to analyse the safety and effectiveness of Inari's FlowTriever System for the removal of emboli from the pulmonary arteries in patients with acute pulmonary embolism.
Dr Toma presents the findings from the US Cohort, which included 300 additional patients with anticoagulation treatment in combination with the FlowTriever Device.
1. What is the rationale behind this study?
2. Please describe the FlowTriever System
3. Please outline the study design and key findings?
4. What is the clinical impact of these findings?
5. What further research is needed, and what are the next steps?
Recorded Remotely from Pennsylvania, 2022.