VEINS 22 - Prof Stephen Black (Guy's and St Thomas Hospital and Kings College, UK) joined us to discuss the latest updates from the ABRE study.
This multi-center, non-randomized study investigated the safety and effectiveness of the Abre venous self-expanding stent system (Medtronic) for treatment of symptomatic iliofemoral venous outflow obstruction in patients with venous occlusive disease (NCT03038438).
ABRE showed that all initial clinical presentation patient groups demonstrated sustained and clinically meaningful improvement in Villalta and VCSS scores through 36 months compared to baseline indicating less severity of PTS disease and venous disease overall.
1. What are the unmet needs in patients with venous outflow obstruction?
2. What is the ABRE stent and what makes it unique?
3. What were the baseline characteristics of the patients and study?
4. What are your key findings at 36 Months?
5. What are your take-home messages for practice?
6. What are the next steps?
Recorded remotely from London, 2022.
Interviewer: Mirjam Boros
Video Specialist: Oliver Miles